This guide shows you how to upgrade from previous versions of our extension, to the latest one.
You can download the latest extension from this link:
Clerk.io's latest Magento extensions uses a new and more stable import method for synchronising with the webshop. Due to this, there are a couple of things you need to do when upgrading from a previous version of the extension.
1. Save any changes made to the old extension
If you made any changes to any part of the extension, they need to be copied over to the new extension.
Also, if you updated the Data.php file in the old extension with custom product-attributes then they need to be copied over.
The new extension uses two files to generate the product data, so your custom attributes should be integrated to these.
Both can be found in
app -> code -> community -> Clerk -> Clerk -> Model -> Catalog :
Product.php (For building the product objects)
Productbase.php (For writing custom functions to fetch Magento product data)
The Data Helpers
2. Deactivate and uninstall existing extension
Remember to deactivate and uninstall the old extension!Before attempting to upgrade, it is very important that you first deactivate the old extension in the Magentos Configuration page, and then uninstall it either through Magento Connect or by deleting the files from FTP if you installed it directly here.
Otherwise, your Configuration page might stop functioning and neither extension will work afterwards.
- Deactivate the old extension in Magentos System->Configuration->Clerk->Settings page. Simply set Enable to No and click Save Config.
2. Afterwards, uninstall it either through Magento Connect or by deleting the files from FTP if you installed it directly here.
3. Now, install the latest extension again, and move any files you have backed up, to your FTP server.
4. Your configuration should be saved, even when installing the new version. Check System->Configuration->Clerk to make sure that everything is still there.
Now you have the latest version of Clerk.io for Magento installed!
3. Change the Sync Method
Instead of the product-feed, the new extension uses an Import API to fetch data from Magento.
After installation, a new Import URL will be available in the backend. Copy this link and go to Data in my.clerk.io:
Here you should choose the Magento 1 Sync Method, and insert the URL.
Choose a page size of 100, include orders from All Time, and set the language to that of your webshop.
Press Save and then Start Full Data Sync to synchronise.
4. Update Designs
However, since the two versions work slightly differently, you need to follow these steps to successfully upgrade.
You can create your Clerk.js 2 Designs in one of two ways:
- 1. Use the intuitive Design Editor to create new Designs, as described in the following points.
- 2. Convert your old Designs. Follow this guide to see how to do it. Note that the price-attributes have changed in this version so:
"price_final_incl_tax" = The products final price
"price_retail_incl_tax" = The before-price if any
"is_on_sale" = true/false depending on if the product is on sale
1 Start by going to my.clerk.io -> Recommendations / Search -> Designs and click New Design:
2 On the following screen, give your Design a Name (we recommend adding "V2" so its obvious that you are using Clerk.js2).
3. Choose Type: Website, Version: Clerk v2 and select a Prepared Design depending on whether you are creating a Search or Recommendations Design.
4. When you are done, click Create Design
5. In the Design Editor, click any of the existing elements like the name, image, button etc. to edit it, or drag-and-drop new elements to the Design to add more information about products.
6. Click Save Design when you are done, and go to Step 2 in the guide.
7. Lastly, go to Recommendations / Search -> Content and change your Clerk.io Content to use your new Design.
8. Click Update Content. This will temporarily cause them to not show up on your webshop, until you are done with Step 2. Choose the new Design for all Content that should be updated.
9. There! You are now ready to switch over to Clerk.js 2.