Before you start!
Make sure that you have made the initial integration on the webshop so that Clerk.io is synced with your product catalog and order history.
1. Create an Email Design
The first thing you have to do is create a Design for your emails. You can create as many different designs as you want and each Design can be used across many different recommendations blocks.
Check out how to style Email Designs here.
- In my.clerk.io backend, look for Email.
2. Under Email, click on Designs.
3. Click New Design and give it a name.
4. Pick your starting Design for your platform, from the dropdown.
5. After that, choose the basic Design that you would like to apply on the sliders.
6. Then click on Create Design:
7. OPTIONAL Add any desired HTML and CSS to your email design.5. Click Update Design when you are done.
2. Create Your First Email Content
Each type of Email recommendations should have its own Content block. These Content blocks control how many products to show, which logic to use, if any filters should apply, etc.
Read more about working with Email Content here
1. Go to Email.
2. Click Content and Add Email Content and give it a name.
3. Set the goals that you would like to accomplish in order to choose the correct slider for your specific situation. After that, Create Content.
4. The Product logic would be chosen depending on your goals, but you are always more than welcome to change it.
5. Select the Number of products you want to show and choose one of the designs you have created. Click Update Content to save your changes.
3. Get the Embedcode
1. Under Insert into email, choose Mailchimp as the E-mail Platform.
2. OPTIONAL: Depending on the Content Logic you have chosen, you might need to add extra data like keywords or a category ID.
3. Click Copy Embed Code To Clipboard on the Content page.
4. Embed the Recommendations in Mailchimp
1. In Mailchimp, go to Templates.
2. Click Edit on the template that you want to insert your email recommendations in.
3. Drag a Code Block to the part of the template where you want recommendations to be shown.
4. Paste the embedcode into the editor.
Congratulations! You now have Email Recommendations in your MailChimp template!