Merchandising is a feature that lets you impact the products shown across Search, Recommendations and Email.
The feature allows you to boost products on sale, prioritise products from a specific brand, hide out-of-stock products and in many other ways control what is being shown in results.
From the main menu, you will be able to see which campaigns are currently running, which will be activated later, and which are disabled:
Click New Campaign to get started.
Every campaign consists of the following options:
This lets you add a name and description so you can keep track of what the campaign does.
Lets you choose whether a campaign should run forever until you choose to deactivate it, or within a certain time-period when running temporary campaigns, like flash-sales or similar.
This is where you choose exactly where your campaign should be used.
Triggers can be based for:
- Customers searching for either an exact match, or when their search contains one or more particular words.
- Customers browsing specific category pages
- Customers browsing specific product pages
- Customers view a specific Content, like Best Alternatives, or Hot Products in an email.
Further, Triggers can be set up in two different ways:
- Where any triggers apply, meaning a campaign can be set up when searching for shoes, browsing products matching sneakers or browsing category 123
- Where all triggers apply, allowing you to make advanced campaigns like only applying to the Content Best Cross-Sell Products and only when browsing products matching shoes that cost below €30.
This is where you choose which products to boost or downgrade.
The Rules allow you to have great control over what to show:
- Always Pin to Top will always show your selected products first in the results, no matter what.
- Show Only will only show products matching your rules, removing anything else
- Give a Significant Boost to will greatly increase the ranking of the selected products, causing them to be shown much higher in the results.
- Promote slightly gives a smaller boost to products, causing them to be shown further up in results.
- Bury below others will push products further down the list of results.
- Give a custom boost allows you to write a specific amount the products should be boosted by. The required amount depends on the existing popularity of a product.
- Remove Any will remove products you choose completely when customers interact with your Rule.
When creating Triggers and Rules, you will use the sidebar to select the logics.
The sidebar lets you select products based on these:
1. Product List
This lets you search for and manually pick out the very specific products you want to base your Campaign on.
This allows you to choose products based on attributes you are sending to Clerk.io, like price, brand, margin etc.
Filters are created by selecting an attribute (eg. price), choosing how to match the attribute (eg. "less than") and selecting the value you want to base it on (eg. 30).
The campaign will then use all products matching this filter.
Products can also be found simply by searching. Doing this will use all products matching the query you type in.
Want Inspiration for Merchandising?
On April 14th 2020 we hosted a 45-minute Webinar about Merchandising, with 9 real-life examples of how to boost your business with it.
You can check it out here: