So you subscribed to Clerk.io and now you want to get the very best results you can with the system.
This article shows the setup we know works best for most customers and where to put each type of recommendations on your webshop, giving you a fantastic recommendations setup in no time.
Let's get to it 😃
The Frontpage is the big window in the street, displaying the items that will lure in customers by showing them content that might interest them.
Generally the Frontpage is not where webshops make the most sales, but its great at exposing your catalog to returning customers.
We suggest you display the following sliders to pique the customers interest:
- Personal recommendations (Content Logic: Visitor recommendations)
- Most popular (Content Logic: Best Sellers)
- Other customers are buying these right now (Content Logic: Hot products)
The Category Page:
In a Category, customers know which direction they're going. Make sure you help them find the right product, by showing bestsellers in each category by displaying the following recommendations below the category description:
- Most popular in this category (Content Logic: Best Sellers In Category)
The Product Page:
This page will often be the entry point of the customers coming from Google. When they come to the webshop, you want to keep them there even if the product they found wasn't the right one.
So present them with great alternatives and products that other customers bought with this one by displaying the following sliders:
- Great alternatives to this (Content Logic: Best Alternative Products)
Other customers also bought (Content Logic: Best Cross-Sell Products)
The Add-To-Basket Step:
This is the step where you can get the most extra sales. When the customer adds a product to the basket you should clearly confirm their action and show them a link to the basket, but also present them with relevant products based on their interests.
There are two ways of doing this.
As a page:
This is what we recommend. Its a middle page where you present four sliders of relevant products to the customer:
- Other people also bought (Content Logic: Best Cross Sell Products)
- Personal recommendations (Content Logic: Visitor Recommendations)
- Most popular products (Content Logic: Best Sellers)
- Our best special offers (Content Logic: Bast Sellers with a filter for products on sale)
As a pop-up:
This lets customers stay on the product page but doesn't improve sales as much as the full page because there is much less room for content. Here you should only use 1 banner:
- Other people also bought (Clerk logic: Best cross sell products)
The Basket Page:
The basket is the final step where you have a chance to sell extra products. Most customers will not add anything expensive here, so you need to focus on the cheaper products.
We recommend a single banner placed below the "Checkout" button:
- Our best checkout offers (Clerk logic: Best cross sell products with a price filter)