Getting Started with Email Recommendations in MailUp Showing product recommendations in your MailUp emails Stefan Lorenz Olsen
Make sure that you have done the initial integration on the webshop so that Clerk.io is synced with your product catalog and order history.
1. Create an Email Design
The first thing you have to do is create a Design for your emails. You can create as many different designs as you want and each Design can be used across many different recommendations blocks.
Check out how to style Email Designs here.
In my.clerk.io, look for Email.
2. Under Email, click on Designs.
3. Click New Design and give it a name.
4. Give it a Name and select if you want a Email Product design, which has already has some HTML and CSS in it or a Blank design which you will have to fill in. Then click on Create Design.
5. Add or modify HTML and CSS of your email design, then Click Update Design when you are done.
2. Create Your First Email Content
Each type of Email recommendations should have its own Content block. These Content blocks control how many products to show, which logic to use, if any filters should apply, etc.
Read more about working with Email Content here
Go to Email.
2. Click Content and Add Email Content and give it a name.
3. Give a Name to the email content and Set the goals that you would like to accomplish with this Email content, in order to choose the correct slider for your specific situation. After that, Create Content.
4. The Product logic would be chosen depending on your goals, but you are always more than welcome to change it.
5. Select the Number of products you want to show and choose one of the designs you have created. Click Update Content to save your changes.
3. Get the Embedcode
1. Under Insert into email, choose MailUp as the E-mail Platform.
2. OPTIONAL: Depending on the Content Logic you have chosen, you might need to add extra data like keywords or a category ID.
3. Click Copy Embed Code To Clipboard on the Content page.
4. Embedding the Recommendations in MailUp
1. In MailUp, go to Messages -> Email.
2. Choose Templates and find a template you want to use for your emails.
3. Drag a Code Block to the part of the template where you want recommendations
to be shown.
4. In the Editor, click the </> HTML tab.
5. Insert the embedcode to the part of the template where you want it to be shown.
Tip: Using the browser to search for a headline that you want recommendations
to be shown below can help you find the right place.
6. Products will now be shown in your newsletter:
Congratulations! You now have Email Recommendations in your MailUp template.Did this answer your question?