Manually Setting Up Live Search on Other / Custom Platforms
This section will show you how to install Clerk.io’s Live Search with everything driven by Content and Designs.
Live Search / Search As You Type
1. Create a Search Design called “Live Search”. Start by using a default
Instant Search Dropdown Right design.
2. Create a Search Content block called “Live Search”.
3. Choose Live Search as the Product Logic, and select your Live-Search design
4. Copy the embedcode from the section “Insert into website” into the bottom of the file that generates all pages of your webshop.
5. Replace INSERT_SEARCH_INPUT_CSS_SELECTOR_HERE in data-instant-search with the class or ID of your search-field.
6. Now live search is correctly bound to the search field when customers type.
Example Live-Search Code
<span class="clerk" data-template="@live-search" data-instant-search="#search" data-live-search-categories="true"> </span>
Did that answer your question?