Connecting your Shopify Store
The first step of installing Clerk.io, is connecting your store with your Clerk.io account.
After following these simple steps you will be able to see your Demo Store, which gives you a personal overview of how Clerk.io will work on your webshop, before setting up the rest of the system.
1. Add Store
After logging in to my.clerk.io, the first thing you need to do is add your store:
Write the Name and Domain of your webshop
Choose Shopify as the Platform and choose your Currency.
Click Add Store.
2. Configure the Shopify Connection
From the main menu of the Setup Guide, click Install Extension:
The next page shows what you need to do, to configure the Shopify connection .
Follow the steps to enable access to Shopify:
3. Sync your store
After allowing access, you simply need to synchronise your store.
Go back to the Setup Guide and click Sync Your Data:
Write in your stores details and click Start Sync
4. Connecting Clerk.io to Multiple Subdomains on Shopify
If you have a singular store with multiple inventories and language, then you will need to create multiple Clerk.io Apps in order to ensure quick data sync. This is done so a number of stores do not share the same rate limit and restore rate in the Shopify ADMIN API.
- In the Shopify backend, go to Apps → Develop apps for your store.
- Click the Create an app button.
- Give the app a name like “Clerk.io” along with a name of the other e.g. “Clerk.io (EN)” and select App developer. Repeat this until you have equivalent “Clerk.io” apps to the number of subdomains for the shop.
- Click Create app.
- Click Configuration and find Admin API Integration. Click Configure.
- Under Admin API Access scopes, select Read access (starts with “read_”) for the following:
- Online Store Pages
- Store Content
- Price Rules
- Click Save at the top of the screen.
- Click Install App and then Install in the popup.
- Click the API Credentials tab.
- Now copy your stores Shopify Domain(s) and the private apps API Key, Access Token and Secret Key into the fields under Data Sync Settings in my.clerk.io.
- Choose a Default image size and click Start Sync. Wait for the sync to finish. Maybe have a cup of coffee if you have a big product catelog.