Before you start!
DotDigital requires Advanced Personalisation to be activated for the embedcodes to work.
1. Create an Email Design
The first thing you have to do is create a Design for your emails. You can create as many different designs as you want and each Design can be used across many different recommendations blocks.
Check out how to style Email Designs here.
1. In my.clerk.io, go to Designs.
2. Click New Design and give it a name.
3. Pick your starting Design for your platform, from the dropdown
4. OPTIONAL Add any desired HTML and CSS to your email design.5. Click Update Design when you are done.
2. Create Your First Email Content
Each type of Email recommendations should have its own Content block. These Content blocks control how many products to show, which logic to use, if any filters should apply, etc.
Read more about working with Email Content here
1. Go to Email Content.
2. Click New Content and give it a name.
3. Set the Product Logic you want to show products for.
4. Select the Number of products you want to show and choose one of the designs you have created.
5. Click Update Content to save your changes.
3. Get the Embedcode
1. Under Insert into email, choose DotDigital as the E-mail Platform.
2. OPTIONAL: Depending on the Content Logic you have chosen, you might need to add extra data like keywords or a category ID.
3. Click Copy Embed Code To Clipboard on the Content page.
4. Embed the Recommendations in DotDigital
1. In DotDigital, go to Email and choose your Campaign:
2. Drag a Text block to the part where you want recommendations to show.
3. Click the Text block, and then click the HTML button in the right side of the menu
4. Insert the embedcode from Clerk.io and click Apply
5. Recommendations will now show:
Congratulations! You now have Email Recommendations in your DotDigital Campaign!